Reliable. Real People. Real Results.
Who We Are
Suzie Napayok owns and operates Tusaajiit Translations. She has a sound knowledge of the Inuit dialects in Inuktitut. The business name of Tusaajiit in the Inuktitut language means “The ones who can hear” (and understand languages of others).
Suzie completed a training program by the Government of the Northwest Territories as a professional interpreter translator. She has extensive experience in both simultaneous verbal interpretations and documenting written translations from English to Inuktitut and/or from Inuktitut into English.
She has years of experience in simultaneous interpreting for the legislative assemblies, the Inuit organizations, local, territorial and international, and has attended most of the Inuit Circumpolar Conferences over 20 years.
She works often for different levels of governments, Panels, Inquiries, Commissions and at variously appointed working groups. She works for Inuit Institutes of Public Governments as well.
Suzie also travels for assignments as required to provide services.
Who We Serve
With over 30 years specializing in cross cultural communications, Tusaajiit Translations offers professional interpretation and translation services in Canada with its head office in Yellowknife, NT. Our focus is ensuring that all your communications requirements in the Inuktitut language are accurate, localized and timely for your requirements.
Tusaajiit Translations works with the best translators, interpreters, proofreaders and editors, offering our clients high levels of service and quality. We have a team of skilled translators that are dedicated to client service, the pursuit of excellence, and to delivering the right product on time and on budget.
We love the work that we do and care passionately about getting things done absolutely right for you to be a success. Tusaajiit Translations provides services to companies and businesses in the private sector and all levels of government in the public sector.
We provide the highest professional and culturally accurate translations, language interpretation, and other language-related services. For additional information about Tusaajiit Translations services, please contact us.
Our work includes the following
- Various types of presentations for different conferences, meetings, assemblies and organizations.
- Written reports annually, including charts and financial and legal documents.
- Governments including Legislative Assembly reports
- Various government documents required in Inuktitut and/or in English.
- Non-Government Organization work, research, documentation and submissions.
- Meeting minutes and records of meetings.
- Inuit organizations, Hunters and Trappers Organizations and Regional Wildlife Organizations, Institutes of Public Governments’ documents.
- Briefing notes required within limited time frames.
- Legal documents as required. She is qualified to work with legal documents from her Legal Interpreting courses.
- Videos, Films and Ads